Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Reason to Put on My Shoes 101

Hello Everyone! Welcome to my blog, A Reason to Put on My Shoes.

It’s funny really…I never thought I’d have a blog. Usually, I don’t think I’m interesting enough to talk about myself, let alone publish it on some website. But I got to thinking about it and realized that this fact hasn’t stopped anyone else from posting about their boring lives, so why should it stop me?

This blog is different though. I’m not going to post about my feelings, mood, or any other boring personal details that you don’t care about. I’m going to be posting about my shoes and the interesting things they do. That’s right, you read it right here: I’m blogging about shoes.

As I said before, I’m not interesting. The idea behind this blog proves how boring I can be. Yesterday when I woke up, I played video games for a couple hours. After much laziness, I finally got ready for the day at 3 PM, laced up my trusty Converse All-Stars, and headed out my door. It was a beautiful Saturday and I was happy to be outside. That happiness faded as soon as I reached the end of my block.

At that point, I realized that I had no reason to put on my shoes.

After some consideration of my options, I realized that I had none. I turned around, walked back inside my house, took off my shoes, and played video games for 2 more hours. What a tragic waste of a beautiful Saturday and a good pair of Chucks.

This is unacceptable...I am boring my shoes to death. Consider this a late New Year’s Resolution: It's high time that I start giving my shoes more excitement. I wear them day in and day out, but interesting events are too rarely provided.

Though I can’t guarantee that everything my shoes do will be titillating, electrifying, or sensational, it will be a growing process. Along the way, maybe I’ll learn some things, and maybe you will get some laughs at my shoes' expense.

I will post updates every Wednesday night, excluding Federal Holidays, as well as days when I’m just really tired from doing awesome stuff.

Join me, Dear Reader, as I find A Reason to Put on My Shoes.



3 comments:

  1. This intro really hinges on what video game you played.... if its a lame game, i will never read your blog again...

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting a blog. I'm going to call it Tuesday Thievery, an alliteration referring to my attempt to steal all of your shoes every Tuesday to prevent a continuation of this abomination of ideas.

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete